Our Mission Statement
The mission of the organization shall be the collection, preservation, and dissemination of materials and information relating to the history of Caledonia.
More particularly, its objectives shall be:
- To locate and collect any material that may help establish or illustrate the history of Caledonia. To disseminate historical information to any interested person, groups, and institutions and to arouse interest in Caledonia by any of the following means: publishing historical materials either in print or electronically, holding meetings featuring workshops, lectures, or informative programs, conducting historic tours, marking or restoring historic buildings and sites, operating a museum or historic site; and/or any other related activity the organization may so choose to undertake.
- To make this material available for the appreciation, enjoyment, study, and research of individuals, scholars, and the general public at large.
- To accomplish these goals through the establishment of clearly defined and generally accepted collection, conservation, and interpretation policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all programs, functions, and events of the organization, including membership, shall be made available to anyone regardless of sex, race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability or upon any other basis that would be prohibited by law.
- To the extent practicable, make its facilities accessible to the public.
Caledonia Historical Village
To see our buildings and other items we own you can visit the Caledonia Historical Village located on 5 Mile Road, just east of Hwy 38. The Caledonia Historical Village is owned and operated by the Caledonia Historical Society, a volunteer driven 501 (c)3 non-profit.
Membership Form and Donation Information
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Caledonia Historical Society. Please download this Membership Application Form. This form is in PDF format so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
We have cups, note cards, and prints of the 1902 Depot for sale. We are currently raising funds to restore a two story barn/machine shed moved from Botting Rd to the Caledonia Historical Village at 5 Mile Rd and Hwy 38.
Donations can be sent to and payable to:
Caledonia Historical Society
5043 Chester Lane
Racine, Wisconsin 53402
President: Chuck Miles
Vice-President: LeRoy Schmidt
Secretary: Lynda Lechner
Treasurer: Nancy Nelson